- MD in psychiatry, advanced nurse practitioner, or Master’s/doctoral degree in social work, counseling, psychology or a related field
- Licensure in Illinois
- Experience in a holistic/integrative or mind-body technique or therapy–please explain this in your cover letter.
- Able to work weekends to start. If you are transitioning from another full-time job, the expectation is that you’d immediately be able to block out a minimum of 10 hours per week for shifts at Lotus Center. Caseloads will start small, with the opportunity to grow into full-time.
- Must make an effort to take good care of your own health. We believe in leading by example.
- Good computer skills–we use Dropbox, Google Calendar, TherapyNotes, Basecamp, etc–everything is in the cloud!
- Organized, professional, conscientious, timely and responsible.
- Experience leading group therapy or psychoeducational workshops
- Expertise/interest in couples counseling
- Certification/training in yoga therapy, EMDR, sensorimotor, massage/bodywork background and/or functional medicine background, Hakomi or other mind-body modality. At the moment, we are specifically looking with someone who is licensed in IL (a plus is to be EMDR certified).
- Experience working with a demographic similar to our client population
- Experience treating addiction and/or compulsive thinking & behaviors
- At least five years post-master’s clinical experience
- To provide individual, couples and group psychotherapy
- To complete electronic notes and track client payments in a timely fashion
- Access to monthly peer consultation
- Access to professional development
- Referrals and marketing help to build caseload
- Freedom to develop your own group programs, workshops,and other initiatives which we will help promote
- Large, comfortable office space with all the amenities and equipment you need
- Office admin will look up client benefits for you and submit your claims
- A workplace that values self-care, and reinforces healthy habits
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
Other Important Information:
We want to know about you and what makes you tick when it comes to your career, so tell us about yourself in your cover letter. We already know you want to help people and have experience working with anxiety and depression. What else can you tell me? Have you chosen a particular specialty? What does “holistic” mean to you when it comes to mental health? Perhaps most importantly, how do you walk the walk in terms of a healthy lifestyle? And how do you incorporate nutrition, fitness, mindfulness, spirituality and/or mind-body techniques into your clinical work? Do you have any unique training that might be of interest? What could you bring to our team or add to our offerings? What do you value in a workplace?
Please be aware we are in network with BCBS PPO panel and prefer not to be in-network with any other insurance panels. This is an employee position. Please send resumes and cover letters to Heather Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you refrain from making phone calls or in-person visits regarding the position. Thank you.